Friday, March 15, 2019

Create A Customer Avatar -- 18A




My service would be targeted toward all women, but has a focus mainly on women in their 20s and 30s in urban areas. My custom avatar exemplifies this targeted market and would be what I would consider my ideal customer. This woman is 24, living in an urban area who uses experiences and hobbies as a way to pamper herself. She loves traveling, sharing her experiences via social media, and indulging in a different pass times in her spare time. She values skin care and frequently gets her nails and hair done, but cannot seem to squeeze in an extensive visit to the spa for a facial, especially when it is accompanied by a hefty price tag. My avatar hasn't had very many professional facials but would love to get them should the time and price be right, making for a feasible alternative to the at-home face masks she usually does. She often values experiences that feel well-rounded and tailored to her with an emphasis on how it makes her feel overall and whether it is deemed worthy in her mind, whether that be in price, quality, etc.

I have a lot in common with my avatar. I also love sharing my experiences on social media and when an experience or service is appealing in aesthetics or quality, I love to share it with friends through social media. I, too, am into pampering myself through getting my nails and hair done, particularly doing so when I am having a bad day or just want to relax. While I have had a lot of professional facials, contrary to my avatar, I do still see the opening for a more affordable facial, both cost and time efficient, like my facial business.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Rachel! It's actually pretty funny because we have pretty much the same prototypical customers. We're both focusing young women between the ages of 20-30, but it's really interesting how our businesses are catering to their widely different needs. You do a really great job getting more specific about your customer and some of her interests. I see myself in this customer, and would be very interested in your business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Rachel
    There are a lot of things in common between our prototypical customers. Other than mine of either gender, they would mostly be of around 20-30 years old as well. It could be possible that my potential or typical market could overlap with yours, as they do not need to have be in either one to be in the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rachel,

    I enjoyed you post about your avatar. I think you did an exceptional job telling us what your target audiences interests are and why they would use your service. I think your service for an express facial bar is perfect for women in their 20s and 30s because of the busy schedule most women have, and their desire to keep their appearance up. I think adding the aspect of sharing the experience of the facial bar on social media also hits this target audience.

    ReplyDelete