Friday, April 5, 2019

What's Next? -- 25A

Existing Market

Step 1 --
After creating enough of a clientele through memberships and consistent customers, I think expanding into a more in-depth brand and business would be the next move. This could include Glow Facial Bar partnering with a cosmetics company or skincare brand to sell products in our location that are recommended by estheticians. Additionally, I think the next step would be taking the exclusivity and accessibility to another level by offering a travel facialist that will go directly to certain clients that want a more private experience. Again, both of these options would provide a greater presence with our clients and further our business and brand.

Step 2 --
I interviewed three women of varying ages in the Gainesville area. The women exemplified my target market. Based on the questions I asked and responses they gave, they all agreed selling products or offering in-home services seem to be like a natural next step once Glow Facial Bar turns a profit and establishes a consistent clientele. They agreed that the experience overall would be a big pulling factor to return and that having complimentary cocktails or other perks included in memberships would definitely be a better incentive and would only enhance the  experience. Two of them definitely thought I should target my advertising and marketing on social media and word-of-mouth in order to reach my target demographic, as that is where most people find new businesses to try.

Step 3 --
After my interviews I felt like I was really on the same page as my potential and targeted customers based on the three I had interviewed. Social media was one of the biggest, more prevalent topics of discussion which I knew would be a large part of my advertising/marketing, but speaking with the women opened my eyes further to just how much weight they put on social media and online personas when they are considering spending money on something.

New Market

Step 1 -- My target market, as I have previously identified, is women ages 18-~40. While age is not really a main limitation for my service, if I had to state a cut-off age I think it would be around 40. A radically different market I could target could be males in their 20s.

Step 2 -- While they aren't my main target market, I think males could be a minority customer market for Glow Facial Bar, but they might be hard to reach using the same strategies that I would for my current target market. I think I could create value for males in their 20s or 30s within my venture concept by executing a few small strategies that would make Glow Facial Bar seem more inclusive for men to the outside eye. I think running specials specifically targeted to males or even creating a special package for couples could be a solid idea to bring males into my business.

Step 3 --
My interviewees all concluded social media would still be a great way to reach a male audience. However, they did agree it would be more of a challenge to not only reach them but also get them wanting to actually come in to Glow Facial Bar. One of my interviewees mentioned incorporating a men's-centric facial to the service menu that way it would feel more inclusive. Another interviewee mentioned couple specials, like I originally thought of that way women and men can bring their significant others and share the experience while also establishing new clientele and further success.

Step 4 --
     I learned a lot while diving into my new market. I knew males could always be a part of my customer base but I wasn't sure just how vast it could be and how I could reach them and build the male clientele to that point. I realized that while it will be a challenge to tap into both male and female markets, it is definitely a possibility.
     I was surprised the most at the amount of ways I could incorporate male-driven strategies into the business plan in order to make Glow Facial Spa more inclusive to both genders. I think my interviewee who suggested a male-centered facial on the service menu was spot on and a new idea I hadn't considered. Whereas, for specials and boo deals for couples I thought of but didn't know it was a solid idea until I was able to confirm it with my interviewees.
     While I don't think the male audience is as attractive and large to me as the female driven market, I do think I could establish a solid male clientele which is something I really didn't think prior to this assignment.
 

2 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    I think your idea for a pop up facial bar is super interesting. I have never seen anything like this before I think it would be super successful. I think you getting partnerships with cosmetic companies would be a great addition to your venture. I think this would allow you to make a lot more money and costumers would be more inclined to come to your facial bar if they know they can purchase a product there that they can’t get anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel! I keep dying it but the idea is interesting. I probably wouldn’t go myself but I did mention how my mom said she would love something like this. It is definitely a possibility to tap into getting male clientele but I agree that it isn’t as large as the female market for this. It is still something I think you should try still since any clientele is good, for the most part at least.

    ReplyDelete