Interview Summaries:
Interview #1: Male undergraduate college student
Does not feel completely in tune to the target demographic as he couldn't necessarily see himself going into a facial bar for a spa service. He stated he does not really have the need for an immediate access skin care facility.
Interview #2: Female college student who has their own esthetician
This female student has their own esthetician here in Gainesville. They are happy with the service and price given and make regular appointments bi-weekly to receive a facial. They stated they would be hesitant to leave their usual esthetician even for my idea of a more accessible facial service bar.
Interview #3: Female high school student
This interviewee likes the idea of the immediacy and experience of the potential facial bar but said she would likely not be able to justify spending her salary from her part-time job on the service. This is because she would not deem it valuable enough to her personally.
Interview #4: Mother of two kids
This mother also likes the idea in theory however she feels as though she wouldn't be able to use the business to it's fullest as she does not have enough time or feel that she could sacrifice time to play into the convenience factor of the business.
Interview #5: Male law school student

Hi Rachel! I was not surprised to hear that the two males you interviewed were not interested in the spa service. However, I was surprised that the mother with two kids was not particularly interested. I would think that a less expensive, convenient, and time-saving spa would be something that would target women with kids. If people don’t see this service as a priority though I understand that it would not be something they would factor into their regular routine.
ReplyDeleteHello Rachel
ReplyDeleteI found it interesting that you focused on people who don’t have time for spa treatments. Personally, my concern for spa treatments is the cost. I feel like if I’m going for a treatment there’s an understanding that my time will be dedicated solely to the treatment. I would have to agree with the high school students that didn’t place spa services at the top of her list of things to spend money on. While I do care somewhat about my appearance, it’s certainly not a priority to the extent of having my own esthetician.
Hi, Rachel! You did a good job in diversifying your selection of interviewees. You sometimes need those different perspectives to understand how successful this product will be and which demographic you are planning to aim for. I also noticed that the financial barrier and lack of time seemed to be a common theme amongst your interviewees. With convenience and speediness being at the core of your business, it sounds like your business will be more affordable than the alternatives. I think you should emphasize that when selling your product, especially to prospective customers.
ReplyDelete