In the two years after opening Lagerheads Beach Bar & Grill, my dad, as well as my entire family, made various sacrifices for the success of the business, such as all taking shifts working at the business and my mother taking a leave of absence from her career to run it and get it in tip-top shape. Even with such little time as an actual developed business, the potential value of Lagerheads allowed us to strike a lucrative deal which made the business a successful venture and investment for my father as we sold it to new owners at the end of 2015.
The business dealings and entrepreneurial mind of my father has given me a new perspective throughout my life as he taught my siblings and I to see things from an entrepreneur's perspective, having exposed us to the internal side of owning and starting businesses as well as the process of identifying and launching new ideas and dissecting what could or could not be a good opportunity on the business front.
I am in this class to meet the requirement of my concentration in Business, but I specifically chose this course because of my direct exposure to entrepreneurship, as stated above. It has always been a part of my life and is a topic I want to explore and learn more about.

Hello,
ReplyDeleteI feel that I connected to your story as I too have grown up with parents that are entrepreneurs. They also showed me what it takes to accomplish your goals in the business world. We also sacrificed by taking shifts and making runs to the drop off locations that they opened up to try and get the main operations more business.
Hey, Rachel!
ReplyDeleteI found your story pretty inspiring. Your entrepreneurial spirit clearly runs in the family, so you're already off to a better start than most. It must have been a really cool experience being exposed to the insides of a successful small business, and I'm sure you can teach us a thing or two on how to maintain one. I wish you and your family continued success with the business and hope to learn more from you!